First of all, I brushed my gallery up a bit and removed some old art. I've been putting it off for a long time because I believe looking back at old art is good both for the person who drew it and other artists but history shouldn't interfere with the present. Those old pieces don't reflect the artist, writer and person I am now that much, same as doodles I did when I was twelve, so it was time to make them more private.
However, I didn't delete art I made for other people but I might
delete some of it
. I think anything that was made in the past couple of years is safe but if I uploaded a picture for you earlier than that it's best that you save it to your computer within the next week if you want to keep it. I can send files again if you ask and if I still have them but it might take some time.
And now back to fun stuff! I got tagged by Rules:1. Each person has to share 5 things about themselves.2. Please answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions the people you tag will have to answer.3. Choose up to 10 people and put their icons on your journal - not something like "you are tagged if you read this", you have to tag legitimately 10 people.4. No tag backs, Please!5 things about myself:
1. I used to read a lot growing up but it's really hard to make myself pick any book up since I graduated the uni. I blame my World Literature professor, she was the Ms Balch
2. When I was a kid I made a paper mache bunny rabbit that is over 30 cm tall, brown, dressed as a footballer, holding a ball and saluting. I made the plasticine mould myself. The result is truly menacing and my mother kept it to this day.
3. I have a recurring nightmare where I draw Chauncey with his left hand missing instead of his right one, don't notice until I upload that page and everyone online makes fun of me.
4. I once got bitten on the eyelid by my rat Chris. The eye hurt for three days, I was angry for half an hour tops. Can't hold grudges against that wee idiot...
Most of my rats never bit me though. Chris's brother Gene doesn't bite either.
5. I have multiple sketchbooks started at the same time (different sizes and colour of paper) but I dislike filling pages out of order or tearing pages out. But I used to do it all the time when I was a kid.Questions:
1. What's one art tool that you would love to get your hands on? (tablet, markers, program, etc)
Hmm, I'm really happy with what I have now (woah, that's so nice to realise it)!
I could always use more markers and sketchbooks but I don't need
anything badly at the moment... I'd really like an A3-sized scanner to scan comics easier but I have neither money nor room for it.
2. Comics or animation?
Comics!! I'm really happy I realised I actually don't like the process
of animating before I got into any animation class. When it comes to watching I watch more live action than animation these days (and read more comics) even though I still enjoy some animated films/shows.
3. What do you like most about your art style?
Probably that it allows me to draw varied people AND animals and they don't look like they came from different styles!
4. Would you rather have a significant other who works in your field of interest or someone from another field?
Right now I'll say someone from another field both because it's hard for two artists to earn enough to live comfortably, let alone make plans for the future, and also because lately I've been doubting my professional choices myself.
5. A zombie bit your arm. What do you do?
Rush to find out if a local surgeon has a long waiting list, I guess. Also depends on which version of zombie apocalypse it is. My favourite one is In The Flesh (haven't seen series 2 yet, NO SPOILERS) but generally I don't like zombie stories because I feel bad for zombies being shot left and right and also worry that people with neuromuscular issues get shot by mistake.
6. Is there someone (person, celebrity, anyone) in your life you hate for no good reason?
I try not to hate
anyone but there are some people I used to know personally and some people I don't know personally that I can't help disliking.
7. What was the shittiest movie you ever watched?
The Robocop remake comes to mind.
8. Who's art talents would you love to devour? (name at least 3 people)
Oh gosh... Naming anyone is hard because there's a lot to learn both from people I know and from artists I never met but enjoy their work. And I don't think I've wanted to draw like anyone for a while - I want to draw better but not copy anyone entirely (while obviously any smart artist applies stuff they like about other people's work if it fits). Nah, I have trouble choosing and I'd stay up all night listing people, it would be easier to answer with writing even...
9. If you could bring one animated/fictional character to life, who/what would that be and why?
Probably the Doctor because he would travel around the world and make people's lives better and still have time to hang out sometimes.
10. What is something you'd like to be remembered by when you're not on this Earth anymore?
Cop Story and whatever positive difference I end up making, even if it's someone laughing at my jokes and thinking that weird people aren't as bad as previously estimated.And now my questions!
1. What's the weirdest thing you ever did in an art class (any art class, from preschool to college or university)?
2. Dragons or dinosaurs?
3. Have you ever kept a diary?
4. Can you ride a bicycle? If so, do you enjoy it and how often do you do it?
5. Do you remember the first time you came up with a character or any fictional story? Tell me about it!
6. Do you think it would be bad to be a brain in a jar dreaming that you're living a life as a human if you had no way to find out you're actually a brain in a jar?
7. What does your favourite tea/coffee mug look like?
8. Tell me about your art/writing plans for the next few months! Or if you don't have any plans
, just anything you want to draw?
9. Rain or snow?
10. Anyone you remember from your preschool or primary school?
11. This is incredibly selfish (and so optional) but tell me something relevant to Cop Story - from a doodle prompt to an observation to anything, really!
Tagging in no particular order (if you feel like doing it, I won't get into your house at night to check):sn0otchie ExplosiveCoffee Smoludozerka Otterrang tattiOsala pixieface Pikku-Piru DamnTorren NatAsplund cut-box